My apologies, I’ve been busy over at the garden so it’s been a while since I’ve posted here.
There are still a few walleye fillets left from last summer. You could use any firm white fish and probably any nut you’d like. Just don’t grind/crush the nuts too finely. Here’s what I did with them.
1/2 cup nuts – crushed but not pastey
1 egg lightly beaten
3 Tbs butter (you could use less)
1 Tbs capers
2 Tbs lemon juice
salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Trim and portion the fish. Season with salt and pepper.
- Crack and beat the egg, dip the fish portion in the egg wash.
- Press the egg coated fish into the crushed nuts.
- Reserve to plate.
- Preheat oven proof pan over medium high heat. Add the butter, when butter is melted but not browned, add the fish.
- Saute gently for 2 -3 minutes, then transfer pan to hot oven for six minutes.
- Remove pan from oven, remove fish from pan, add lemon juice and capers to residual hot butter in pan.
- Plate fish, spoon some sauce over the fish and serve with sides of your choice.
Mild tender fish, crunchy topping, tart sauce, there is a lot going on in this fast and simple dish. Give it a try!
Until next time, Eat Well & Keep Digging!