This is a pretty common sauce, but since I’m making Falafel for Meatless Monday, it’s a requirement. A cucumber- yogurt sauce with a garlicky kick, it’s great on falafel, in a gyro, or as a side to roasted meats.
1 tbsp. vinegar
2 cloves garlic, minced finely
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. white pepper
1 cup greek yogurt, strained
1 cup sour cream
1-2 cucumbers, peeled, seeded and diced
- Peel, seed and dice the cucumber. A super easy way to seed a cucumber is to use a spoon and scrap the softer pulp from the middle.
- Combine olive oil, vinegar, garlic, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Mix until well combined
- Using a whisk, blend the yogurt with the sour cream
- Add the olive oil mixture to the yogurt mixture and mix well
- Finally, add the cucumber