It’s been while since I’ve made my Seafood Diablo, and since I had a bit of fresh tomato sauce from Saturday that didn’t make it into a jar I decided to give it a go.
(serves 4 generously)
2 cups tomato sauce
1 Serrano pepper finely diced ( use any hot pepper you want)
2 small sweet peppers sliced
1 cup chopped onion
4 cloves garlic chopped
2 TBS olive oil
1/4 – 1/2 cup vinegar based hot sauce
1 lb dried pasta
- Put large pot of water on to boil for the pasta. Follow box instructions.
- Add olive oil to large pan over med heat, add peppers, onions and garlic. Cook stirring occasionally until onions are soft.
- Add the tomato sauce, and stir. This was a bit thin so I cooked it down a bit.
- Add pasta to boiling water.
- Add seafood mix to sauce. Reduce heat to medium
- While pasta boils, cook seafood gently.
- When pasta is just about al dente, add it to the sauce.
- Add hot sauce to taste.
- Toss (or stir)to coat in the sauce until pasta is finished.
Eat Well and Keep Digging!