Did you ever see the movie Mermaids with Cher, Bob Hoskins, and Winona Ryder? Cher, playing the mother, only knew how to make appetizers for dinner, she never mastered entrees but would do an assortment of snacks.
That’s sort of how I felt tonight (well, not quite like Cher). I had planned to make these for yesterday’s party but ran out of time with the clock change and all that.
I have some beautiful mini sweet peppers. No, they are not in season, and no, they are not local. But they are gorgeous to look at and very sweet
A quick look in the fridge and pantry gave me an idea for a quick snack that turned into a meal.
Feel free to make substitutions on cheese and filling ingredients. Your imagination is your only limiter here.
Cheese Stuffed Mini Sweet Peppers
12 ounces (375 g) cream cheese or goat cheese
1 teaspoon (5 ml) Herbs de Provence
pinch of garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- Put the peppers into the microwave for a minute or two on high just to soften them slightly
- Meanwhile mix together cream cheese,Herbs de Provence and garlic powder
- With a sharp paring knife make a slit the length of the pepper, and squeeze it gently like one of those old rubber change purses. Pack in some of the cheese, put on cookie sheet
- Repeat until you have as many as you can get (I managed 20 stuffed peppers)
- Into the hot oven for 20 minutes until cheese is oozy and peppers are crisp-tender.